A Bestie came over last night and I taught her how to make Chicken Marsala. It turned out pretty well. Of course my plan was to get all of the ingredients together and take a nice picture to put here. Sadly, I kept including and excluding ingredients on the fly and it turned into a hot mess. Below is the recipe, here are the blooper pics:
Why are flour and garlic in the photo?
Yes to cornstarch, no to flour and garlic.
- 1 Lbs Frozen chicken tenderloins, thawed*
- 1 C Mushrooms
- 1 1/4 C Chicken broth*
- 1 1/4 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil*
- 2 T Dried Oregano
- 1/2 C Marsala cooking wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Substitute with something close that you have on hand.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. (2 minutes)
- Add mushrooms and sauté until tender. (5 minutes)
- Meanwhile, season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper, and oregano. (2 minutes)
- Remove mushrooms from pot.
- Arrange chicken in the pot and sauté until cooked through. (3 minutes, each side)
- Add Marsala wine to pot and let it simmer. (1 minute)
- Throw the mushrooms back in the pot.
- Add 3/4 cup of broth and simmer, uncovered, until chicken is tender. Now is a good time to heat up your veggie side dish. (6 minutes)
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 C of broth. (2 minutes)
- Add cornstarch mixture to the pot.
- Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. (1 minute)
- Serve 3 oz. chicken with 1/3 C mushroom sauce spooned over top.
Time: Less than 30 minutes
Quick Tip: Dissolve the cornstarch slowly into the broth or it will clump to hell.